Shabby Wren Collage

It's not very often that I do collage.  Wait.  That's not exactly the truth.  


Shabby Wren Close Up 1


Let me clarify.
It's not very often that I do collage and don't do any painting or sketching or doodling along with it.


Shabby Wren Close Up 2


When I got the opportunity to take part in a "Shabby Chic" ATC Swap, I jumped in with both feet. 


Shabby Wren Close Up 3


I made a decision not to paint or doodle or draw.  I would only use papers and textural elements.


Shabby Wren ATC by Tori Beveridge 2014
Shabby Wren ATC by Tori Beveridge

And so... this sweet little atc was made only with layers of paper glued down, lace, thread, a button and feathers from my chickens, who are molting right now.  (There are feathers everywhere!!! I'm saving the prettiest to use in my crafting)  I did use a little distress ink on the lace and the edges.

I am really pleased with the way it turned out.



Labels: , , , , ,