Day 5 of 30 in 30 and My Third Face

For this painting I decided to try simply putting some watercolors on to the paper and see what I saw in the dried paint, similar to the journal pages I showed you here:  What The Paint Splatters Revealed

To start, I wet the paper and added blue and a peachy red that I mixed.  I let it dry, then came back to see what I could see.


Third Face 1


What do you see?  I couldn't see anything at this point so I turned the paper vertically.


Third Face 2


There!  Can you see it?  It's a face!


Third Face 3


I added paint to emphasize the facial features, hair and background.  Drying time again.


Third Face 4


Details added to eyes, nose, hair and background.


Jane by Tori Beveridge 2014


...and she's finished.  She looks like a Jane, so that is what I named  her.

I really love these happy little surprises that come from playing with watercolor.




Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day 5

29 faces


Labels: , , , , , , , ,