Meet The Enchanted Visions Artist - Tricia Danby

It's time to meet our 5th Enchanted Visions Artist.

This week I'd like you to get to know

Tricia Danby


Enchanted Visions Artist, Tricia Danby
Enchanted Visions Artist, Tricia Danby

Who is "Tricia Danby"?  Tell us a little about yourself.

I am a spiritual artist and I never went to any art school or what so ever. Only art classes I had was in school and that is a long time ago now. Besides being an artist I am also an energy worker, writer and photographer and as long as I can remember, I had contacts and encounters with the spiritual world. Angels, spirit guides, etc. are a part of my day-to-day life.

In 2008 I picked up the brushes again and started working with acrylic and canvas. My skills had not been very well, to say that. I've forgotten a lot. So I practised and finally put away the acrylics and picked watercolour pencils instead. In 2011 I did start painting with Corel Painter 11 and since that time I am mainly painting digitally.

When I am painting angels, spiritual beings, saints, etc. I am mostly picked by them – It is like someone would be knocking at my door and wants to be painted. So I am connecting with the energy and channel their image and energy to portray them the way they do reveal themselves to me.

In my “normal” life I was a degreed translator for English and Spanish. Now I am retired as I am unable to work due to two severe burnouts leading to depression. I am still recovering. Painting and going on my spiritual path, which includes being a cleric in minor orders of the Open Catholic Apostolic Church , is what really kept me up and keeps me going. It is pure fulfilment.

To sum it up – I am 40 years now, sharing a flat with my very best friend and fellow artist and our four cats: Merlin, Merlin (we never knew we would have a flat sharing), Lily and Piers.

My soul sings when I am seeing the beauty of life surrounding us and I am trying to show that in my works.

How did you hear about Enchanted Visions and why did you want to become a member artist? 

That is somehow a quite funny story. I have heard of it a couple of years ago – I think it was Rowan coming to me and telling me about it. We have checked it out and thought that it is a pretty good thing. At that time I was still working with watercolour pencils so it must have been before 2011. I had been accepted but somehow I never was able to upload one single piece of my works, due to a problem with my account there. So time did pass and was put off the artist list – no-one to blame here. Last year I thought why not trying my luck again and so I did try to enter with some public topics – finally I got accepted again.

I think that EV is a wonderful opportunity, enhancing your skills, getting new inspirations and showing your works. I love seeing other creations, being inspired … that is, to my opinion, a wonderful thing for artists.

Each month, Enchanted Visions artists are challenged with creating a piece of art for that month's theme.  Please share some of the art you have created for Enchanted Visions with us.  For each piece of art, please describe how it interprets that month's theme, any story behind the art, and the theme's meaning to you.

Odin and The Runes by Enchanted Visions Artist, Tricia Danby
Odin and The Runes by Enchanted Visions Artist, Tricia Danby
Odin and the Runes was made for Spooky Eyes. I did paint Odin with one eye (the missing one) still bleeding, looking up while receiving the runes. It is a very strong a meaningful painting to me. Odin has a very strong and strict energy and so it was a challenge painting him. I never did paint blood before, so this had been another challenge to me. For me it is a bit of spooky, having gone through tough times, still bleeding and in pain but being blessed with the runes and the sight … this is kind of spooky, isn't it?

The Key by Enchanted Visions Artist, Tricia Danby
The Key by Enchanted Visions Artist, Tricia Danby
The Key shows the Celtic Goddess, Cerridwen holding a key. The key here is a symbol and she is questioningly looking … “Do you dare using it?”, “Are you ready?”, “Do you want it?”
She is holding the Key in her hands, and the key is the key to your life, your decisions and she wants you to take it and use it, as you are holding the key to your life in your hands (soul).

Silence by Enchanted Visions Artist, Tricia Danby
Silence by Enchanted Visions Artist, Tricia Danby
Silence is showing an elven princess and her companion a frog. It was such a fun and pleasure painting them. To my opinion she is asking for silence so you can hear what the frog is going to tell you. The painting is also part of the oracle card deck and I really do love it a lot.

EV has a monthly auction of the work created.  Do you sell your work there?

I am trying to sell some prints. However, never did so … but I won't give it up.

Are there challenges knowing you are one of many artists creating art for the same EV theme?  Does this knowledge hinder you or give you momentum when creating for the monthly theme?

Not at all. I do create what is there … what wants to be created by me. I have my own style, my own kind of work and the works of others are unique in the very same way. Sometimes I think that we might all end up with the same gesture in a topic, like for example “Silence” and then I am surprised with all the many and different interpretations of that topic and that is simply wonderful.

How do you care for and nurture the creative you?

I am taking my breaks when breaks are needed. Sometimes I am just playing a bit of World of Warcraft and doing nothing at all … my mind though is already working on some problems while I am playing. Nature is nurturing me, too … seeing little creature there, visions popping up here and there while walking or driving through nature, my camera at hand.

Describe (and provide a photograph if you like) of your studio/work space.   What would you change about it, if anything, for it to become your dream work space?

My work space is in my bedroom. My computer is standing right in between two windows. Ivy is crawling up the brick walls outside and through the other window I see trees and sometimes birds chirping and hopping there. In front of me is a wall and there are some of my paintings hanging there and one from a fellow artist. My desk often enough looks like a mess.

EV Artist Tricia Danby's Art Workspace
EV Artist Tricia Danby's Art Work Space
I am working with Corel Painter 11 and there I am mainly using oil brushes. So one good thing is I don't have all the colour tubes laying around here.

My dream work space would be a room with a lovely view, a balcony where I can step out from time to time, to relax and gain new energies, a comfy chair with roses on it and all a bit shabby chic.

"Paint" a picture of yourself for us using 10 colorful words to describe you, the total picture.

Tender, thoughtful, soulful, blessed, depressive, nerdy, artistic, anxious, traveller, life-liver-n-surviver


Thank you so much Tricia for this wonderful look into your creative process, your art and you.


``````````````````````````````````````````````

Please visit ENCHANTED VISIONS to see more of  Tricia's art and what she has created for the latest theme.

If you would like to see more of Tricia's art, you can find her at the following links:

website: http://tir-anam.weebly.com/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/TirAnam
RedBubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/triciadanby
deviantArt: http://tricia-danby.deviantart.com/
etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/TirAnam

Labels: , , , , ,